Known Registrations: YBY74U (ACT – not current)
Notes: A forum post in September 2009 listed the owner as Matty with the following text and image:
“I’m the proud owner of ST185 Group A GT4 Carlos Sainz signature edition #005/150
Looks a little like this:
It is all original except for 3″ exhaust and lightweight Japanese 17″ wheels, with 160,000km on the clock.”
In January 2010 it was listed for sale on performanceforums.com. The full text from the listing is below:
My beloved Group A (aka Johnny Five) is up for sale! It is a great example of a classic limited-edition Toyota sports car.
Overview: White 1991 ST185 Celica GT FOUR Group A Rallye Carlos Sainz Signature #005/150
Condition: Very good inside and out. Standard and original except for exhaust and wheels.
Milage: 160,xxx km
Reason for sale: I have too many cars! This one is wasted as a daily
Location: Canberra Southside
Price: $10,900 – negotiable to toymodders
Contact: mpymont <at> iinet <dot> net.au or 0410 668 072
I bought #005 about five years ago from another mature enthusiast. It has been kept true to original with only minor performance oriented mods:
- 3” HPC Coated Aussie Exhaust dump pipe
- Custom 3” exhaust with hi-flow 3” cat and Lukey muffler, by Powatone in Fyshwick
- K&N hi-flow drop in panel filter in original air box
- 17” x 8” Work CR Kai wheels in white, with genuine Work aluminium wheel nuts
- Dunlop F1 GSD3 tyres with about 10,000kms
- Greddy Full Auto turbo timer
- Autometer boost gauge mounted in cup
- Genuine Sparco Carlos Sainz signature gearknob
- All suspension bushes replaced with SuperPro
- Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads, new genuine rears
All maintenance (major and minor) performed by either myself or Neal Bates Automotive. Parts always replaced with OE Toyota or quality aftermarket upgrades. Major maintenance includes:
- Rear main seal replaced,
- Flywheel machined
- New clutch (Exedy heavy duty) and pressure plate upgraded by Road and Track
- Speed source solid brass shifter bushes
- Welsh plugs replaced
- New fuel filter
- New steering rack bushes
- Power steering pump fully rebuilt
- New o-rings and gaskets for oil cooler base and water by-pass pipes
- New water bypass hoses (all 3) – includes Hose from Hell!
- Replaced cylinder head cover gasket
- New Fuel Pump, Oil Pump and Water Pump
- New Iridium spark plugs
- New OE plug leads
- New Timing belt ~ 5,000km ago
- New AC drive belt
- Road and Track uprated rear diff mount
- Airconditioning re-gas, new reciever/dryer and full service 1 month ago.
- Original CT26 fully rebuilt by Turbologic.
- Intercooler replaced with new genuine Group A WTA
I’ve been very careful to keep this car original and in great condition. It produced a very healthy (and slightly ambitious) 135 awkw at CCG dyno day on only 11psi (car has no boost controller).
I can supply original 5 standard GT4 wheels with average tyres and will sell with ACT RWC if required. 12 Months ACT Rego included.
Any questions, feel free to PM or post here. If I can’t get a reasonable offer for #005 I will happily retain it.
The forum post was marked as sold in March 2010.